Friday, December 9, 2011

Top 13 Metal Guitarists

I have struggled with this list for some time. I base it on my own personal opinion as a guitar player and what I have heard from other metal musicians.

TOP 13 METAL GUITARISTS:

13. Brian "Buckethead" Carroll (Death Cube K)

12. Dave Mustane (Megadeth)

11. Scott Ian (Anthrax)

10. John "John 5" William Lowery (Rob Zombie)

9. Kerry King (Slayer)

8. Yngwie Johann Malmsteen (Yngwie Malmsteen)

7. James Hetfield (Metallica)

6. Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin)

5. Kirk Hammett (Metallica)

4. Darrell "Dimebag Darrell" Abbott (Pantera)

3. Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen)

2. Randy Rhoads (Ozzy Osbourne)

1. Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath)

I realize other guitar players reading this list will have some different opinions on this and that’s cool. I am sure I missed someone important. There are plenty of great guitarists that did not get on the list. Feel free to leave a comment and be sure to vote in the poll on the right side of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment